URGES CLOSER COOPERATION

Mr. Sherwood Eddy Speaks for Student Deputations Visiting European Universities

In a recent interview for the CRIMSON Mr. Sherwood Eddy said in connection with means of securing a closer touch between the students of Europe and America: "Last year a group of students from American colleges met a body of 30 students from the South of Germany and another body of 30 from the North of Germany in Dresden, and there discussed with them some of the fundamental questions that are facing both continents today. The conference had so powerful an influence on German student life that appeals have come from the universities of Germany for more deputations to come from the United States and England as well as from other countries of Europe.

"Already 120,000 German students have united in one body standing for student democracy and free speech. A great deal can be accomplished if 50 or so American students go to Europe this summer to meet students there and to learn not only the needs of student relief and an understanding of the problems confronting Europe, but also to help in building up a new international sympathy".