YEARLING NET-MEN WIN 8-1

Score Season's Fourth Straight Victory Over Andover - Ingraham Downs Watson in Well-Played Match

The Freshman tennis team defeated Andover on the Divinity courts Saturday afternoon, 8-1, increasing to a total of four the number of their straight victories this season, though they broke their record of clean sweeps by dropping one of the singles matches. The Andover team showed good from, but the greater steadiness of the Freshmen was the deciding factor.

The first singles match between Ingraham and Charles Watson produced the best tennis of the Freshman season. In Watson, the Academy has a player who is now ranked as the best school-boy in New England. Last year he lost to ingraham in the interscholastic tournament, but defeated him in the annual Exeter-Andover encounter. Saturday's match was therefore looked upon with greater interest than would ordinarily have been the case. From the start Ingraham took the upper hand, but Watson's game improved steadily. Both played the same type of game with the Freshman showing a little more steadiness especially at the critical times and winning the match decisively, 6-2, 7-5.