CAMP-STOOLS

At the close of every college year a most successful business in furniture is carried on by janitors and second hand dealers about the Square; every fall the same business is reopened even more successfully by the same generous and thoughtful business men. In this way the demands for furniture which face every Freshman class as it is cast forth from it furnished suites are cared for in a most efficient manner. Yet in spite of the efficiency of the method there is something distinctly depressing in paying twenty dollars for a second-hand desk in the fall, which never could have brought more than five or ten to the Senior who hurriedly entrusted it to his janitor the preceding spring.

Last May, however Phillips Brooks House set up a bulletin board in the hallway on which notices could be placed detailing the furniture wanted and for sale. This year the board is to be put up again, and by making use of it the Seniors may collect enough to pay their fares home while the Sophomores-to-be possibly may be able to buy at least a chair or two without pawning their fur coats in payments. The man who leaves the furnishing of his room until fall need expect no mercy. He will not get any.