OVERSEERS TO MEET MONDAY

To Gather here for Two Days Next Week for Annual Inspection of University and Grounds

The Board of Overseers will hold a two-day meeting next Monday and Tuesday, May 8 and 9, for its annual inspection of the University. In addition to holding its regular business sessions, the Board will confer on Monday morning with officers of the School of Business Administration. Dean W. B. Donham, '98 Professor M. T. Copeland, and Professor J. G. Callan will tell the Overseers about the work of the Bureau of Business Research, the case system of teaching now being applied in the School and other features of business training at the University. In the afternoon the Board will study tentative plans now being made for the future development of the University grounds in Cambridge, and will inspect the grounds to consider the practical effect of these plans.

On Tuesday morning the Overseers will visit the headquarters of the University Press at Randall Hall in order to learn about its operation. A luncheon at the Harvard Club of Boston, at the invitation of the Board of Governors of the club, will bring the meeting to an end.

Every year the Overseers meet at Cambridge for a two-day session in the spring to study in some detail one or more phases of life at the University. Last year the subjects under discussion, were the general examinations and the development of the tutorial system.