ANDOVER TEAM LEADS IN TENNIS INTERSCHOLASTICS

Gains Decisive Edge Over Other Schools by Winning 16 Matches--Finals This Afternoon at 2.30 o'Clock -- Fast Playing Promised

Andover entered 13 players in the Thirty-first annual Harvard interscholastic tennis tournament which began on the Jarvis courts yesterday morning, and displayed enough balance and steadiness to win 16 matches, thus assuring herself of the shield which goes to the winning school. Sixty-one players from 18 schools were entered and the tournament was marred with but few defaults. The number of entries, the largest that has taken part in the tournament for some years, is explained in part by the fact that this year the age limit has been removed. So many of the schools were unable to seud representatives due to the age barrier that the Athletic Association decided to do away with the limit.

While Andover has enough points already to assure her of the team championship, the five matches which will be played today should furnish some keen competition. It was planned to play the two semi-finals matches at 10 o'clock this morning on the Divinity courts, but it will be necessary to play first a fourth-round match that was unfinished yesterday afternoon. The finals will be played on the grandstand court at 2.30 o'clock and from present indications the match should furnish some of the best tennis that has seen there this year.