ELIS BOW TO 1925 NINE

Crimson Yearling Whip Blue 6 to 3--Herrmann's Pitching Tells--Eli Twirler Weak --Burgess Knocks Homer

NEW HAVEN, CONN., May 30.--Heavy hitting by almost the entire Crimson team and fine pitching by Herrmann accounted for the 6 to 3 defeat which the Freshmen administered to the Yale yearlings in New Haven this afternoon, Hodges, the Eli moundsman, was pounded for 15 softies while the Freshman pitcher, allowing but two passes, fanned seven and yielded only ten bits--a low number considering the fierce batting duel that ran throughout the game.

Rach team gained two runs in the second inning, but the Crimson with two more tallies forged ahead in the fourth, never afterwards to lose the lead. In the fifth an dangerous Yale rally bid fair to make trouble but with men on first and second a double play Hammond to Vocke to Mann--nipped the comeback in the nick of time.

Burgess, who gleaned three hits out of five trips to the plate and contributed a fitting climax to his teammates' batting fest by lining out a home run in the seventh, and Hammond, who crashed out a tripple and a double, were the individual stars of the yearling aggregation, while Lovejoy, with three singles to his credit proved the strongest support of the Ell time.