UNIVERSITY GOLFERS ARE WINNERS OVER ELI TEAM

Overcome Blue 5 to 4 at Providence--Crimson Edge in Foursomes Gives Victory--Singles Matches Result in Even Break

Breaking even in the singles matches but capturing two out of the three foursomes the University golf team won a 5 to 4 victory over Yale at the Rhode Island Country Club, Providence, yesterday afternoon. Except for the Intercollegiates June 20, this concludes the 1922 season.

Jones, Eaton, and de Gersdoff of the Crimson all won their single matehes. In the foursomes Jones and Fleming lost to Lovell and Buffington of Yale 5 and 4, but Clough and Baker and Williams and Eaton won their matches without much difficulty.

The summary:

Foursomes.--Lovell and Buffington (Y) defeated Jones and Fleming (H), 5 and 4; Clough and Baker (H) defeated McMahon and Ledbetter (Y), 3 and 2; Williams and Eaton (H) defeated Bold and McCloughlin (Y), 4 and 3.

Singles.--Jones (H) defeated Lovell (Y), 1 up; Clough (H) lost to Buffin (Y), 3 and 2; Eaton (H) defeated McMashon (Y), 2 and 1; Baker (H) lost to Ledbetter (Y), 2 and 1; Williams (H) lost to Bold (Y), 2 and 1; de Gersdoff (H) defeated Griscom (Y), 4 and 2.