COMMITTEE WILL BE FORMED TO CONSIDER ADMISSION CHANGES

No Further Action to be Taken Until Committee Has Reported--No Change in Rules Until Then

A committee composed of members of the Faculty will be appointed by President Lowell to consider principles and methods for more effective sifting of candidates for admission to the University, and this committee will report its findings and conclusions to the governing Boards, according to a statement issued yesterday afternoon by the University authorities. This action was voted by the Board of Overseers at a special meeting help yesterday morning.

The announcement goes on to state that no further action will be taken until the committee has reported, and that a similar vote has been cast by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

The statement is as following:

"The Board of Overseers passed the following vote at the meeting this morning:

"Voted that a Committee drawn from the Faculties of the University be appointed by the President of the University to consider and report to the Governing Boards principles and methods for more effective sifting of candidates for admission to the University, of which the committee authorized by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences shall be a part.

"The vote of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences was in similar terms, authorizing the appointment of a committee from that body.

"No further action will be taken, nor any change made in the existing entrance requirements, until the committee has reported."