P. B. H. HOLDS ANNUAL FRESHMAN RECEPTION

Professor Moore, Dr. Cabot, Mr. Tibbetts and Prominent Undergraduates Speak on University Traditions and Activities--Selections by Glee Club

Peabody Hall in Phillips Brooks House was filled to overflowing last night when members of the Freshman class gathered for the reception given by the Phillips Brooks House Association. Professor E. C. Moore, Dr. Richard C. Cabot '89, Mr. W. I. Tibbetts '17, and several undergraduates spoke on the various phases of University life and on the University activities. Vinton Chapin '23, president of the association, presided.

C. C. Buell '23, captain of the University football team was the first speaker. He was followed by Professor Moore, who talked on Appleton Chapel. The University's aim, according to Professor Moore, is to make the religious life as free and as attractive as any other phase in the University.

C. D. Whidden '23, President of the Glee Club, M. A. Best '23, President of the Advocate, B. DeL. Nash, Business Manager of the Lampoon, and R. E. Anderson Jr. '23, President of the CRIMSON spoke on their respective organizations, and Mr. Tibbetts spoke on the work of Phillips Brooks House.

Members of the Glee Club gave several selections and led in the singing of "Fair Harvard".