TRACK MEN REPORT AND HOLD LIGHT PRACTICE

Eighty-Three Candidates on University and Freshman Squad--Mr. Bingham Emphasizes Importance of Fall Work--More Out for Cross-Country

Eighty-three University and Freshman track aspirants were on hand yesterday afternoon for the first practice of the year, an increase of three over the squad which reported to Coach Bingham a year ago. Following a meeting in the Locker Building, the sprinters and middle distance men had a light practice on the new cinder track, while the long distance runners worked out with the cross-country squad.

Mr. Bingham opened the meeting by speaking briefly on the plans for the season and emphasizing the need of fall practice for men who expect to take part in track athletics this spring. Dr. Parmenter spoke in regard to training and Captain Burke urged the men to start serious work immediately. The coaches and managers are in hopes of securing more material for the squad and men reporting this afternoon will be placed under no handicap because of their late start.

About 20 more candidates for the cross-country squad reported yesterday and went through a conditioning run over the same course as the day before, although the speed was somewhat increased.