1926 DEFEATS BROOKLINE IN THIRD WIN OF SEASON

Hockey Team Gains 2-0 Victory in Spite of Lack of Team-Work--Howe Scores Both Goals--Schoolboys Have Had Only One Day of Practice.

The Freshman hockey team won its third consecutive victory Saturday, defeating Brookline High School 2 to 0 at the Charlesbank rinks. The Freshman sextet has not yet been scored on, while it has piled up a total of 18 points against its three opponents. Brookline proved to be the strongest team the yearlings have met this year, forcing the Freshmen throughout the whole game. The ice was in very excellent condition making the game fast and exciting throughout.

The initial score came in the last few minutes of the second period, when C. L. Harding brought the puck up the rink, passed to N. S. Howe, who caged it from left wing. The second tally came shortly after the beginning of the third period. E. W. Martin carried the puck up the ice and from a scrimmage in front of the goal again scored. During the first period the schoolboys showed their best form, threatening the Crimson goal many times.

Brookline had a team of very fast skaters who gave evidence of excellent stickwork. They showed a decided lack of team-work, but this was due to their having had only one day of practice this season. Murray was the star for the schoolboys, being an especially fast skater, while Captain Baddaracho was their best man on the forward line.

The Freshmen failed to show any improvement in team-work, that being especially ragged throughout the whole afternoon. Howe and Harding both played well on the offence, while Martin was the star defensively.

The Summary:

HARVARD 1926  BROOKLINE HIGH Howe, l.w.  r.w., Hall Harding, Henderson, c.  c., Baddaracho Pratt, Nash, l.d.  r.d., Murray Martin, r.d.  l.d., O'Sullivan Bradford, g.  g., Driscoll

Score, Harvard, '26, 2, Brookline High School 0. Goals, Howe 2. Referee, Watson. Time, three 15-minute periods.