TEAM B WINS BUT DROPS IN SQUASH TOURNAMENT

Falls to Fifth Place in Ranking Despite 4-1 Victory Over Milton Club--Dixon Defeats Carpenter in State Championship Only After Hard Match

Despite a 4-1 victory over the Milton Club on Saturday, team B dropped to fifth place in the class B division of the State Squash Racquets Association, giving way to the Harvard Club by a few points in the ranking. J. J. Glessner '25, who has recently been playing on team A, easily defeated G. N. Hurd '13 in straight games, 15-11, 15-6, 15-4.

The feature match of the afternoon was a five-game struggle between R. C. Bostwick '23 and C. P. Clifford '03. After winning the first game 15-10, Bostwick lost the next two 12-15 and 16-17. He then rallied and, after nosing out his opponent 17-16 following several tie scores, ran out the fifth game 15-7, W. B. Wood was the only Milton winner, although E. K. Davis '24 extended him to the limit 7-15, 15-10, 15-5, 1-15, 10-15: E. M. Upjohn '25 easily disposed of J. B. Ayer '03 in straight games 15-7, 15-13, 15-2, while J. H. Finley Jr. '25 won his first match for team B when he defeated E. S. Munro in straight games 15-9, 15-12, 15-12.

In the State Championship, W. P. Dixon '25 defeated his team-mate, F. I. Carpenter '24, on Saturday in a gruelling five-game match. The loser's brilliant play during this tournament reached its height in extending Dixon to his limit, three of the games being deuce. The final scores were 16-13, 15-11, 16-18, 14-16, 15-10. The winner has an excellent chance of meeting C. C. Peabody, the defending champion, in the semi-final round.

The first semi-final match of the College tournament will be played this afternoon when E. M. Hinkle '23 will meet J. J. Glessner '25 at 3 o'clock. The delayed third round match between F. I. Carpenter '24 and E. M. Upjohn '25 will be played off at 5 o'clock this afternoon.