PIERIAN SODALITY PLANS ANNUAL CONCERT JAN 24

Will Play at Copley Theatre in Boston--Orchestra to Comprise 50 Pieces With Walter Piston '24 Conducting--Trip During Recess Successful

The annual concert of the Pierian Sodality Orchestra of the University, which is usually given in the spring, will be given on January 24 in the Copley Theatre. The announcement of this concert was made by the management of the Orchestra during the Christmas recess.

The Orchestra will comprise 50 pieces, and will be conducted by Walter Piston '24, instructor in the Department of Music in the University. Last year the Orchestra gave several concerts in Boston, besides making a tour to Washington, D. C. and New York, and it has just completed a successful trip to Northampton and Springfield.

Tickets may be obtained for the concert at the box office of the Copley, Theatre, and at the office of the Pierian Sodality Orchestra in the Music Building at the following prices: $2.50, $2.00, $1.50, and $1.00. Applications should be addressed to A. M. Taylor '23, Music Building.