FALL TENNIS TOURNAMENT GETS UNDER WAY ON JARVIS COURTS

Wind Seriously Handicaps Play--Seeded Players in Matches Today

But twelve matches in the singles trials for the Jackson Cup were played yesterday on the Jarvis courts, and not one of the seeded men participated. Rain did not interfere with the playing yesterday, some of the courts even being dusty, but the strong wind made lobbing out of the question, and even affected slow services. During the entire afternoon men would delay their service in order to play the point if possible in a lull in the wind.

This afternoon the majority of the first matches of the tournament will be played, and all of the seeded players will participate.

The results of the matches played yesterday on the Jarvis Courts follow: Parke Cummings '25 defeated H. C. Davidson '26, 6-1, 6-1; G. D. Debevoise '26 defeated T. B. Crane '25, 6-2, 6-2; E. F. Craig '25 defeated S. F. Collier '26 6-0, 1-6, 6-4; G. L. Clarke '27 won from J. G. Cohen '24 by default; F. I. Carpenter Jr. '24 defeated N. Y. Chang 2G. B., 6-3, 6-2; Philip Boone '26 defeated W. C. Boyd '26, 6-0, 6-2; R. C. Bostwick 4E., defeated R. H. Booth Jr. '27, 6-3, 6-1; S. G. Churchill '26 defeated J. C. Cairns 2G.B., 6-3, 6-3; W. L. Coleman 1G. defeated H. G. Cayley '24, 6-1, 8-6; W. K. Cochran 2G. B. won by default from J. J. Corn '26; E. A. Cornwell 1L., defeated C. K. Cummings 1L., 6-1, 6-2; J. F. A. Davis '26 defeated L. L. Daggett '26, 6-2, 6-2.