Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

KOLLEGIATE KLANSMEN

Definite information that Harvard Klansmen have been connected during the past year with both the Cambridge and the Brookline chapters and that plans have been under way for a distinct Harvard organization, is of importance only in determining the exact relation between the Klan and the Harvard Klansmen. What these relations have been in the past is now clear; what they will be in the future will, apparently, depend largely on whether those Harvard Klansmen who are anxious to form a separate unit can succeed without violating the University regulations.

Meanwhile the CRIMSON is inclined to join in the amusement with which Mr. Duck and Mr. Leonard view the activities and purpose of the Klan. As was predicted Harvard has laughed at its Klan. But at the same time it is hard to disagree with the conclusion of the New York Times that it is cause for serious reflection "that even one of the young men. . . should have been led astray by such vicious, and absurd arguments as the Ku Klux Klan has been presenting to them."

As the CRIMSON has pointed out before it is apparently only a small group of "unbalanced impressionists", perhaps a minority of the Harvard Klansmen, who have maintained real zeal for the organization. And it is they who are still willing to go to some lengths in order to form a distinctly "collegiate" chapter.