FREQUENT SUBSTITUTIONS MARK LONG SCRIMMAGE

Practically Entire University Squad Take part in 40-Minute Encounter--Freshmen also Given Work-out

Frequent substitutions in the University line-up marked the 40 minute scrimmage with the scrubs yesterday afternoon in the Stadium. Because the ball was placed many times in a position in which the black jerseys would be within striking distance of the goal, no score for the practice contest can be given, but when the ball on one occasion had been placed in the middle of the field, the University scored on a brilliant run by Merrill. McGlone failed to kick goal.

Crosby and Evans started at the ends; Dunker and Eastman at tackle; Hubbard and Daniell at guards; Greenough at center, temporarily replacing Kernan who hurt his hand; Lee was at quarterback, Howe, Rogers, and Merrill completing the backfield. Nearly the entire University squad played at some time during the scrimmage.

Grew in uniform was on the field for the first time since his injury but he did not play. Victor Kennard '09 who made the field goal in the 1908 Yale game which gave the University a 3-0 win, was on the side lines.

For the first time this season, the Freshman had a scrimmage. Two teams, distinguished by red and white jerseys, fought on even terms until A. Miller carried the ball over the white jersey goal line, after line plunging had brought his team from mid-field to within scoring distance.

Lindener, a guard, was the second dormitory squad man to be raised to the regular squad in the past two day.