Head Line Attractions Feature Program of Each Hall As Dormitories Vie for Talent to Entertain Smokers

Wholesale merriment will be enjoyed tonight on the banks of the Charles when each of the three Freshman Dormitories will hold its first meeting in its respective Common Room.

Rivalry in programs was intense last night as each head proctor strove to outdo the other. Songs by Coach Bill Haines will be the feature in Smith Halls; R. H. Hopkins 2L, head proctor at Standish has engaged a troupe of last year's Pi Eta minstrels to produce a little playlet called. "When Nero Played His Fiddle"; while B. S. Cogan '23, head proctor of Gore, present the Moynahan Brothers as his attraction.

Dormitory orchestra leaders have also entered into the spirit of the game, and are canvassing eagerly for musicians. The general opinion seems to be that the orchestra having the largest number of saxophones wins. According to the lastest reports last night, the Smith orchestra was three up.

In addition to these baser forms of entertainment each hall has obtained several speakers to address its assembled throngs. In Smith, C. C. Buell '23 and George Owen '23, of last year's football team, and Mr. K. K. M. Leys of Oxford, will speak; in Standish, Professor Julian L. Coolidge '95, and R. K. Kane '22, captain of the 1922 football team and member of last year's winning Oxford crew, have been obtained; while the speakers for Gore Hall will be Mr. T. J. Campbell '12, Coach of the Freshman Football team.

In addition; Dean Bacon is scheduled to give an address to the members of each dormitory.

Cigarettes and '27 corn cobs will also be a feature of the evening. Large savings in tobacco are expected as a result of having all three gatherings on the same night.

Freshmen who do not live in the dormitories have been invited to attend the smoker in that hall in which they eat, or with which they are affiliated in dormitory aport.