STEVENS WILL KEEP CREW WORK GOING

Two Freshman Eights Will Continue to Row After This Week--In Past Work Has Stopped Before Princeton Game

Rowing until ice forms around the floats will be the order for many of the crews no rowing under Coach Stevens' direction, it was learned last night from the crew management.

In former years, fall rowing has generally stopped the week of the Princeton football game. But this year, in an effort to give his first crews the benefit of as much experience as is possible, Coach Stevens will continue work until cold weather definitely puts and end to it.

Rowing for the dormitory crews will end this afternoon when the fifth crews for Gore, Smith, and Standish will race for the dormitory title. In the earlier races, between the first four dormitory crews yesterday and on Tuesday, Gore won two and Standish two of the races, and the championship remains to be decided today.

Work for the regular Freshman crews will also stop this week for all except will also stop this week for all except the Red and White crews, which will continue their work upon the river with the University eights.

Class crews will end this week, but five 150-pound crews will still go out from Newell boat house.

The University squad will abandon eight oared shells on Monday, but Coach Stevens will continue work for these men in four oared boats.

It is probable that these crews,--the Freshman Red and White eights, the 150-pound eights, and the University four oars--will gain at least an extra week of practice, and that, with mild weather, they will continue to work out until the Yale game.