CRIMSON FACES DANGEROUS FOE IN MIDDLEBURY FIVE

WACHTER EXPECTS TO SEE EARLY SEASON FAULTS REMEDIED

The Middlebury College basketball team will face the University five this evening at 8 o'clock in the Hemenway Gymnasium. This will be the Crimson's second contest of the year, and Coach Wachter expects that several of the faults so noticeable in the opening game will be remedied tonight.

There is one change in the Harvard line-up. Smith, who entered the Clark game as a substitute forward, showed to so good advantage that for the time being at least he has won a regular berth. His handling of the ball is exceptionally clever and he is one of the surest shots on the squad. Teamed with Captain Gordon he should help to make the Crimson attack far more dangerous than it was against Clark. The rest of the team will be unchanged with the possible exception of center. If the visiting center is of unusual height, McElroy may replace Combs. Combs is a very aggressive player, but his lack of height is a very considerable handicap.

Maher, who started the Clark game at forward, has been definitely shifted to guard, his old position. He has already won the rating of first substitute guard, and will doubtless see service tonight in that position. Black at guard and Merriam at forward are the other replacement men who will probably be used.

The Middlebury team is expected to prove a much more worthy foe than was the Clark five. Their offense is built around Captain Axtell, a veteran forward. Holquist, half-back in the Middlebury eleven which tied Harvard this fall, is the back-bone of the defense.