LODGE COMMRNDS RECENT WORK OF HARVARD REPUBLICAN CLUB

Membership Drive With Meetings and Rallies Being Planned

With the political campaigns for the presidential election of 1924 now emerging from their preliminary stages, the Republican Club of the University is beginning active work in organizing a campaign which will continue until the election of November, 1924.

In an effort to interest the hundreds of students who will cast their first vote in a presidential election next November, a special drive for members is being planned, and a series of meetings and rallies throughout the coming year are being scheduled.

The work of the Harvard Republican Club is attracting attention from some of the leading members of the Republican Party. In a recent letter to the Republican Club of Harvard, Senator Henry Cabot Lodge '71, writes as follows:

"I have read with much interest the report of the operations of the Republican Club of Harvard, and I have also read Mr. Eliot Wadsworth's letter which is thoroughly admirable and to which I could make no addition. I agree with all he says. It is a pleasure to know that work for the Republican Party is taken up so vigorously and by such good men in Cambridge and I congratulate you on the formation of the Club and wish you every success."

Leonard Wood, Governor-General of the Philippine Islands, also writes from Manila, in part as follows:

"You ask me if I would be willing to serve as an Honorary and Advisory member of the Alumni Executive Committee of the Republican Club of Harvard. I should be very glad to act in the capacity you suggest."