FRESHMAN TRACK TEAM UP AGAINST HUNTINGTON

Will Face Stiff Opposition From Undefeated Schoolboy Runners--Meet to be Held on Boston Y. M. C. A. Track at 3 This Afternoon

At 3 o'clock this afternoon the Freshman track team will undergo its second test of the season when it faces the undefeated Huntington School men on the Y. M. C. A. track in Boston. There are 26 men entered from the Freshman squad, most of whom competed in the first meet which resulted in an overwhelming victory over Boston Latin School and English High School. In that meet the first-year men piled up a total of 51 points won seven out of eight first places, and made a clean sweep in two events.

The schoolboys, however, have an even better record, having defeated their first four opponents by large scores. Their record to date is as follows: Huntington 33, Medford High School 26; Huntington 49 1-2, M. I. T. Freshmen 13 1-2; Huntington 44, Newton High School 24; and Huntington 50, Worcester Academy 18.

In these meets, three of the Schoolboys have shown themselves exceptionally good men in their events and are very likely to show to advantage this afternoon. Captain Spinney is outstanding in three events: the hurdles, dash and high jump. In the Worcester Academy meet, he equalled the Huntington record of 5 4-5 seconds in the 45-yard low hurdles, cleared 5 feet 7 inches in the high jump, and ran the 45-yard dash in 5 1-5 seconds. These events were all contested without spikes.

Strong in High Jump and Shot Put

Robinson in the high jump has cleared 5 feet 11 inches on two occasions and is the best man in his event. Luce, in the shot put, has been consistent in making his distance between 45 and 46 feet.

The Freshman relay team has somewhat the edge on its opponents, but the latter will have the advantage of an acquaintance with the track. The runs also seem to be in favor of the Crimson but the result of the meet is likely to be a toss-up, since Huntington has balancing strength in the dash, hurdles and field events.