CAFETERIA SERVICE

Strong wills and great determination must be exercised to carry through midyear resolutions now that the dreaded fortnight is over and no impulse remains for prompt action. Widener Library has become a familiar rendezvous for many, for the first time; but its advantages are soon forgotten after examinations, and the faults, though few, linger in the memory.

Copies of the final examination of past years are neatlty bound for reference, some in book and some in pamphlet form. The mid-year papers, however, are not only unbound, but as a result are practically useless. They lie in a confused mass, torn and obliterated, on a single window at the right of the delivery desk, like the rejected poems in an editor's basket. A lack of systematic arrangement makes it a matter of diligent search to find any specific paper. And instead of being a public good, offered freely for general use, the papers have become highly valued economic goods, usually carried away by the first comer.

It may be impossible to preserve the mid-year papers of former terms, but for the convenience of all, a start should be made with those just past.