City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

CAPTAIN E. H. LANE '24 BREAKS FENCING TIE

University Defeats Pennsylvania 5-4 With Foils -- Captain Hettinger Scores Half of Visitors' Total in Saturday's Match

E. H. Lane '24, captain of the University fencing team, saved his team from defeat in its match with the University of Pennsylvania foilsmen Saturday afternoon in the fencing room at Hemenway Gymnasium. The score see-sawed throughout, becoming even at 4-4 when Roland Fleer '24, who had been substituted for Sharp, was defeated by a score of 7-6 in a brilliant bout with Hettinger, the captain of the Philadelphians. Captain Lane then saved the situation by defeating Cavers in the final bout by a score of 7-4. Captain Hettinger was the star for the visitors, having to his credit half of the Red and Blue's score.

C. J. Shearn Jr. '23 was the University's sole representative with the duelling swords due to the illness of J. K. Watson '23. Shearn defeated Hettinger and lost to Cavers in the one-touch event.