ARCHITECTURAL SCHOOLS TO HOLD ELABORATE BALL

"Fete Charrette" Will Take Place in Hemenway Gymnasium Tomorrow Evening--To be Modelled on "Ecole des Beaux Arts" Fete in Paris

The members of the University School of Architecture and the Department of Architecture of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology will give a "Fete Charrettte" tomorrow evening in the Hemenway gymnasium which will be modelled on the annual "Fete d'Ecole" of the Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris. The historical period which has been set is that of Medieval Constantinople, within which the setting of the ball, decorations and costumes will be confined. The variety of costumes may, however, range throughout the entire body of characters who might conceivably have sojourned in Constantinople between the fall of the Roman Empire and the Italian Renaissance. Tickets may be procured either at Robinson Hall in Cambridge or the Rogers Building in Boston at $3 a couple.

Tickets for the ball will not be sold at the door and no person will be admitted whose costume is not judged to be of historical accuracy and artistic merit. The proceeds will be given to the decoration of a room in Robinson Hall, known as the Pen and Brush Club Common Room, which will be shared with the Topiarian Club of the School of Landscape Architecture.

Professor G. P. Baker '87 has put at the disposal of the school all the scenic resources of the 47 Workshop to lend the gymnasium an oriental aspect. Elaborate lighting effects will be combined with solid decorations to accentuate the spirit of pageantry.