CRIMSON ENTRIES FAIL AT MEADOWBROOK GAMES

Relay Team Last in Race With Syracuse and Princeton--Burke Places Fourth in Special 660-Yard Run--Hauers Fails to Place in Hurdles

The University track team encountered many disappointments in the annual indoor meet of the Meadowbrook Club at Philadelphia Saturday night. Captain J. W. Burke '23 was fourth in the invitation 660-yard run, while the one-mile relay team of the University placed third. C. R. Hauers '23, intercollegiate outdoor hurdle champion, failed to place.

In the feature run of the meet, Georgetown University defeated Yale in the two-mile relay event. Douglas, the Yale star, was leading in the final leg of the race until Connolly of Georgetown came from behind in the last 50 yards and crossed the finished a winner by a small margin. The time for the distance was 8 minutes 3 8-10 seconds, a new Meadow-brook record, but 8 seconds slower than the indoor record which is held by the University of Pennsylvania.

Murchison of the Newark A. C., world 60-yard champion, won two events, leading in the 50-yard handicap, and gaining first place in a special 50-yard race, beating Leconey, intercollegiate 100-yard champion, in 5 3-10 seconds. Ray, Illinois A. C., world's 5000 meter record holder, won the John W. Overton memorial mile race in the fast time of 4 minutes 19 1-10 seconds.

In the mile relay, Harvard trailed Syracuse and Princeton, the feature of the event being the running of Taylor of Princeton, who nearly overtook Woodring of Syracuse, after the latter had started with a large lead.