FOUR CREWS PRACTICE AT FORT POINT CHANNEL

Spin of 45 Minutes Marks Beginning of More Strenuous Practice--Changes Announced--May Be on River Today

With tide and weather both favorable at Fort Point Channel yesterday afternoon, Coach Frank Muller had all four University crews out for a protracted spin following their enforced absence from open water work the latter part of last week.

The four eights were out on the water for three-quarters of an hour, the longest practice on the harbor so far this season. This marks the beginning of more strenuous training for the University squad, as it is probable that from now on the coaches will begin to groom their charges in the finer points, combining this with longer daily work-outs.

Two changes were announced yesterday in the boating of A. C. M. 1, regarded temporarily as Freshman A, G. D. Krumbhaar going from bow to number 7, taking the place of Charles Merriam, while L. K. Macnair was promoted from A. C. M. 3 to occupy Krumbhaar's old slide at bow.

The breaking up of the river has brightened considerably the prospects for actual work on the river, and if weather conditions hold it is probable that the Freshman I. F. M. 1 eight, together with three University 150 pound crews, will be given a short row on the Charles this afternoon.