WILL SPEAK ON MAKE-UP IN ADVERTISING TALK

WILL APPROACH SUBJECT FROM AGENCY'S STANDPOINT

Mr. P. M. Hollister '13 will speak at 8 o'clock tonight in the CRIMSON Sanctum on advertising make-up in general, with special emphasis upon it from the point of view of the advertising agency. This is the fifth of a series of informal talks being conducted by the CRIMSON and the Lampoon on advertising, and is open to all members of the University.

Mr. Hollister, who played right end on the University football team in 1921, has been connected for several years with the advertising agency of Barton, Durstine and Osborne, Inc., first in their New York office and more recently as head of the concern's Boston branch. Among the books which Mr. Hollister has written are "Famous Colonial Houses", "The German Secret Service in America, 1914-1918", and "The Detention of the German and Anarchist Bomb Plotters".

The series of talks on advertising is under the personal supervision of Mr. Hollister. So far talks have been given in the series by Mr. R. S. Durstine, a Princeton graduate and a member of the firm of Barton, Durstine, and Osborne; Mr. W. A. Dwiggins, one of America's foremost book designers; Mr. M. H. Smith '09, New England manager for the Curtis Publishing Company; and Mr. Heyworth Campbell, Art Director of "Vogue", "Vanity Fair", and "House and Garden".

Mr. Hollister will illustrate his talk tonight with diagrams and examples of advertising copy.