BYRNE WILL LECTURE ON "LAW AND PUBLIC SERVICE"

PLAN INFORMAL CONFERENCES AFTER LECTURE

"Law and Public Service" will be the subject of the lecture which Mr. James Byrne '77 will give Monday night at 8 o'clock in the Union. This will be the fourth of a series which is being conducted by a committee appointed several months ago by Mr. George Wigglesworth '75, president of the Union, and which has for its purpose the assisting of undergraduates confronted with the problem of choosing a vocation.

Mr. Byrne, who is a Fellow of Harvard College, graduated from the University Law School in 1882, and since then has been practicing in New York City. He is now a regent of the University of the State of New York, and president of the Bar Association of the City of New York. In 1918 Mr. Byrne was decorated as an Officer of the Crown of Italy.

Although definite plans have not yet been announced, the committee is now working on a schedule of conferences to follow the lecture. By this system men interested in law will be given an opportunity to confer informally upon the subject with men who have had long experience in that field who will try to aid them in their individual problems.

The details of the conferences and the place to sign up for them will be announced later.