Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Former Harvard President Bacow, Maria Ressa to Receive Honorary Degrees at Commencement

‘A’ Game: How Harvard Recruits its Student-Athletes

Interim Harvard President Alan Garber Takes the Political Battle to Washington

EXHIBIT PICTURES OF VILLAS

Photographs of Famous Italian Places on View at Robinson This Week--Open to Public

There is on exhibition this week in Robinson Hall a collection of pictures taken a few summers ago by Mr. B. W. Pond, instructor in landscape architecture, of a group of Italian villas in the vicinity of Rome and Florence.

Among the group are views of the villa of Madama at Rome, which was designed by Raphael and two designed by Vignola, the Villa Lante at Viterbo and the Villa Farnese at Caprarola. The pictures, in addition to their purely artistic value as landscapes, offer an unusual opportunity in the study, of the details of Italian landscape architecture of the Renaissance with the typical use of marble pools, statuary, cypresses, and garden terraces, together with the employment of the mural niche, an adaptation of which was employed in the construction of the Widener Library.

The collection, in addition to the examples named, has views of the Villa Borghese at Rome, the Villa Como, and the Villa Medici. The exhibition is open to the public.