HOCKEY SQUAD OF 11 LEAVES TOMORROW FOR FINAL GAME WITH YALE

COACH WANAMAKER GIVING ELIS INTENSIVE WORK

Coach Claflin will leave for New Haven at 1 o'clock tomorrow with a squad of 11 players to face the Yale combination in the final game of the season. Captain Owen and Crosby are leaving today with the advance manager. The squad has been given a complete lay-off since the game on Saturday and will not go on the ice again until tomorrow night.

The Crimson team has just been through two weeks of hard, taxing hockey. Immediately after the Cornell contest, Coach Claflin began intensive training for the difficult games to follow. On Wednesday, February 21, the University players were taxed to the limit in three over-time periods of the fastest and most aggressive play of the year, finally losing to the Dartmouth combination 1-0. The following Saturday the team was able to nose out the strong Princeton sextet with two goals in the final period, tying the series. Three days later the Crimson was again called upon to play an uphill game to clinch the Tiger series with a 1-0 victory. With the Yale defeat on Saturday and another Blue contest to play tomorrow, the Crimson team will have consecutively gone through five of the hardest games of the season.

The Yale squad has not met such successively stiff opposition. On February 22 the New Haven Club gained a 5-1 victory over the Elis but since then the Blue squad had a less difficult schedule until Saturday's game with the Crimson. Coach Wanamaker, however, will face a somewhat similar situation the latter part of this week as he will have to meet Princeton after the game with the University.

The Yale squad is scheduled for regular early week practices, and to keep his men in top form for Wednesday's game, Coach Wanamaker sent the squad through a stiff work-out last night. He will follow it this evening with a light shooting practice at the New Haven Arena.