BLUE BOOK PLANNED BY 1925 CLASS OFFICERS

Editorial Board Will be Filled by Appointment -- Business Department Open to Competition--Set Date for Sophomore Banquet as May 15

The 1925 class officers have decided to revive the old custom of publishing a Sophomore Blue Book. They announced last night that Willis Paine Beal '25 of Boston has been appointed editorial chairman, and James Bogert Tailer Jr. '25 of New York City has been appointed business manager of the blue book.

Other men will be appointed by the class officers to the editorial department of the blue book in the near future. There will be a competition, however, for the business department, and the two highest men in the competition will be elected to the board.

The blue book will be distributed free of charge to all members that attend the Sophomore banquet on May 15. The banquet will probably be held in the Union although the exact location has not yet been definitely decided. Josiash Humphrey Child '25 of West wood has been appointed chairman of the Banquet Committee and all arrangements for the banquet will be in his hands. The Sophomore banquet was also and old custom before the war; the last class to hold it being the class of 1918. At the banquet it is planned to have prominent men of the University and other noted speakers address the class on various subjects. The object of the banquet is mainly to secure unity in the class as a whole, the banquet taking the place of the smoker which was to be held at this time for that same purpose.

It is the intention of the committee to publish in the blue book the names, addresses and activities of the entire Sophomore class as well as a complete resume of the various sports and athletics during the present college year. The advertising matter in the book will cover the cost of publication, and should there be any surplus in the finances it will be added to the class fund.

An announcement will be made in a few days which will complete the appointments to the Editorial and Banquet Committees. F. G. Akers, Class Student Council member, will act in an ex-officio capacity in conjunction with these committees.