FRESHMEN PROVE POWER BY DEFEATING HUNTINGTON

D. G. CASTO STARS ON MOUND FOR WINNING TEAM

In a fast nine-inning game on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon with Huntington School, Coach Davidson's Freshman baseball team showed its ability both in the field and at bat by sending ten runners across the plate to one for the visitors.

The game had no auspicious opening for the Freshmen although D. G. Casto retired the opposing nine in one, two, three order for the first three innings. At the end of the third inning, however, J. C. McGlone crossed the homeplate for the first tally by drawing a pass and completing the remainder of the circuit on H. E. Slayton's three-base drive to deep left field.

In the fifth inning the visitors tied the score by their first and final run. Clemmons, the Huntington right fielder, after hitting a "texas leaguer", advanced to second on a bunt by Harris and scored on a single by Captain Underwood to right field.

The Freshmen staged a rally in the fifth inning, knocking Underwood out of the box and scoring four runs. The game ended in the first half of the ninth when Casto again retired visiting batters in quick succession.

The next Freshman game will be at Concord on Saturday when the yearlings meet the Middlesex nine. Following Saturday's game the team will tour Connecticut playing Loomis Institute on Wednesday, April 18, Hotchkiss on the following day, Taf tSchool on April 20, and Choate School on Saturday, April 21.

The battery orders of yesterday's game follow:

Harvard 1926.--Knowlton 2b., McGlone s.s., Slayton 3b., Todd l.f., Field 1b., Burton c.f., Pratt r.f., Maher c., Casto p.

Huntington.--Waterman 3b., Gray (G. Norris) c.f., Fulton s.s., D. K. Norris 2b., Kerr l.f., Clemmons (Vahey) r.f., Harris 1b., Radcliffe (Schaffer) (Prentiss) c., Underwood (Lane) (Dalton) p.