HASKINS TO GIVE RADCLIFFE LECTURE

Subject of Lecture Will Be "Mediaeval Student"--Tickets at $1.50 Available at Door Before Opening Talk

This afternoon at 4.30 o'clock Professor C. H. Haskins Hon. '08, will give the seventh of a series of Monday afternoon lectures conducted for the benefit of the Radcliffe Endowment Fund, taking for his subject the "Mediaeral Student". Tickets for the lecture, which will be held in the New Lecture Hall, may be secured at the door for $1.50 by those who have not purchased tickets for the entire series. The lecture is open to the public.

Professor Haskins graduated from Johns Hopkins University in 1887, and before coming to Cambridge in 1899 as a lecturer on History, was an instructor and a professor of History in Johns Hopkins and in the University of Wisconsin. In 1902, Mr. Haskins became a professor of History, and ten years later was appointed Gurney Professor of History and Political Science, which position he still holds. For the past 15 years, Professor Haskins has been Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. In 1918-1919 he was chairman of the Division of Western Europe of the American Commission to Negotiate Peace and at the Paris Peace Conference was a member of the special committee on Alsace-Lorraine and the Saar Valley. Professor Haskins is a Chevalier of the French Legion of Honor and a Commander of the Order of the Crown of Belgium, as well as a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. He is a member of the American Historical Association, the American Philosophical Society, and the Massachusetts Historical Society.

Professor Haskins, in addition to being an Editor of the American Historical Series, has written several books. Among these are "The Normans in European History", "Norman Institutions", and "Some Problems of the Peace Conference", upon which he collaborated with Professor R. H. Lord '06.