SAYS WE MUST CHOOSE REAL RELIGION OR NONE

Dr. A. H. Gray in Discussion at Phillips Brooks House, Stresses Importance of an Appreciation of Christianity

"The good of religion has become a question vital to all humanity. The time has come when we have got either to give up our Christianity, or make it a much more important factor in our everyday lives," said the Reverend A. H. Gray at an "Institute of Christian Fundamentals" which he conducted at Phillips Brooks House last night. "A true religion can come to you only after you can answer the question 'What's the good of religion?'"

To this question, there are several answers, he went on to say. We must consider the plight of Europe. It is impossible for us to realize the chaos and tragedy in which Europe has been plunged by the World War. "Fighting cannot construct--cannot bring order out of chaos, nor have politics been able to solve the problem. These evils must be wiped out by religion. Nations must dare to apply the principles of the New Testament to business and international relationship. Religion is not a top dress to be worn on Sundays and discarded week days. It is the vital condition for the survival of humanity."

After Dr. Gray was through speaking, opportunity was given for asking questions.

This evening his subject will be "The Kingdom of God", which will be a talk on Christian fundamentals. The meeting will begin at 7 o'clock, and will last for one hour.