FAMOUS WILLIAM JAMES LIBRARY ON SALE TODAY

CONTAIN PERSONAL ANNOTATIONS AND AUTOGRAPHS

This afternoon between 1 and 3 o'clock the remainder of the library of Professor William James, Med. '69, will be placed on sale at 95 Irving Street and may there be purchased by any member of the University. The residence, which belongs to the James family, is but a few steps north of Kirkland Street on Irving.

The decision to break up the library of the famous philosopher and psychologist, was due to the breakup of the old home. Mrs. James died about one year ago and since her death the library of about 2000 volumes has remained untouched.

Last Monday a large part of the library, consisting of books selected by Professor R. B. Perry '97 and Dr. Benjamin Rand '79 of the philosophical department of the University, was presented to the University by the James family. All the remaining books, which numbered much over 1000, were placed on sale on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week to the University professors. For the past two days books have been on sale to the students.

Almost 500 volumes still remain and many of these contain the personal annotations and autographs of Professor William James, the literary and historic value of which can hardly be overestimated.