FRESHMEN HAVE DIFFICULT TASK ON DIAMOND TODAY

Face Strong Exeter Combination on Soldiers Field at 2.30--Captain Maher Still Unable to Play

This afternoon at 2.30 o'clock on Soldiers Field, the Freshman baseball team faces the strong Phillips Exeter Academy combination in a game which should prove to be one of the hardest on the Crimson's schedule. Although Captain Maher has dressed for practice this week, his finger still troubles him, and it will probably be another week before he gets back into the line-up.

Out of six contests, Exeter has suffered but one defeat, losing to Cambridge Latin in the first game of the season by the score of 4 to 1. After this poor start, it immediately got together and downed Tilton Seminary, Brown Freshmen, Hebron Academy, and the University second team, winning in each case by overwhelming margins. It was not until its game with the Princeton Freshmen last Saturday, however, that the nine showed its strength in a pinch by gaining a hard-earned victory in a ten inning contest, the outcome of which was continually in doubt. In the eighth inning, the Tigers were ahead, 6 to 2, when Exeter bunched her hits, bringing in four runs and tying the score. In the first of the tenth, the Orange and Black once more took the lead, only to lost it again when Exeter came back with two more runs, making the final total 8 to 7.

The nine has been built around six letter men. Captain Macauley, Adams, Burns, Walber, Brackett, and Stone. It has already demonstrated its power when it easily surpassed the seconds, winning by the score of 9 to 0. HARVARD 1926  EXETER McGlone, s.s.  s.s., Macauley Knowlton, 2b.  2b., Walber Slayton, 3b.  3b., Zarakov Todd, c.f.  1b., Wortham Field, 1b.,  l.f., MacPhail Burton, l.f.  r.f., Bennett Allen, r.f.  c.f., Burns Baldwin, c.  c., McLaughlin Casto, p.  p., Linscott, Sawyer