HEAVY HITTING GIVES SECONDS EASY VICTORY

Errors Mark 8-3 Victory Over Huntington School Nine--Lucas Bats Well for Crimson

The University second team gained its first victory of the season yesterday at Soldiers Field when it easily defeated Huntington School by the score of 8 to 3 in a game that was marked by errors on both sides. Lucas, playing at right field for the Seconds, batted a thousand, registering three of the seven hits made by his team, and crossing the plate for one of the runs. Lane also did well at the bat for the visitors, knocking out a triple in the first of the third, and scoring a minute later on an error by the catcher.

Huntington started off the game with a rush, when it utilized the Crimson's errors and brought in the first run of the contest. The seconds came right back in the second half of the frame. Gardner, first man on the batting order, worked a base on balls, and completed the circuit on a hit by Thomas which the right fielder found difficulty in handling. Lucas brought Thomas in immediately afterwards with a texas-leaguer.

Lane's triple in the third started a Huntington rally which brought two runs and placed them temporarily in the lead. The fourth and fifth innings, however, put the game on ice for the Crimson, when the latter scored a total of six runs as the result of doubles by Kerr and Heageney.