TO STUDY SOCIOLOGICAL PROBLEMS THIS SUMMER

COURSE WILL LAST FROM JUNE 2 UNTIL AUGUST 17

Fifty selected men, most of whom will be college undergraduates or recent graduates, will gather in New York City this summer from all parts of the country to study sociological problems under the auspices of the Student Department, the International Committee of the Y. M. C. A., and of the Intercollegiate Branch of the New York City Y. M. C. A.

Throughout the period of their stay, which will be from June 2 to August 17, the men will work individually or in small groups as part of the staffs of various church neighborhood houses, settlements, Y. M. C. A.'s, and other institutions. The purpose is to give the student first-hand contact under expert direction with actual social conditions, to than he may gain experience in the constructive work of improvement and relief. Another aim will be to train men for executive leadership, regardless of the profession they intend to enter.

Entire Group to Meet Twice a Week

Twice every week the entire group will meet in the church house of the Madison Avenue Presbyterian Church for lectures and discussions. The speakers, who are all men of experience in the social field, will include Dr. H. S. Coffin, Mr. W. T. Diak, Mr. R. H. Edwards, Mr. J. A. Fitch, Dr. A. H. Gray, Dr. K. D. Miller, and Professor H. F. Ward.

One additional half day each week will be devoted to visiting points of sociological interest, including Ellis Island, Blackwell's Island, the Salvation Army Home for Men, Bowery Y. M. C. A., the Jerry McAuley Mission, the New York Stock Exchange, and Sing Sing Prison.

Application blanks for membership in this College Summer Service Group will be supplied by Phillips Brooks House.