STRING OF ANDOVER WINS CUT BY FRESHMAN NINE

McGlone Pitches First Year Men to a 10 to 6 Victory Over Schoolboys Crimson Scores Heavily in Third

Although five substitutes were used in the attempt to stave off defeat, the Andover baseball team broke its winning streak, succumbing to the Freshman nine by the score of 10 to 6 Saturday afternoon on Soldiers Field. McGlone, who has played regularly at short this season, was moved into the box, where he held his opponents to five scattered hits.

The second inning was a bad one for the Crimson. Three singles, a serious infield error, and poor judgement on the part of the fielders all contributed to a rally which brought in four runs before McGlone threw out Randall at first for the final out.

The Freshmen retaliated in the last of the third, however. Pratt grounded out to second, but McGlone rapped out a long double to right field, and was advanced to third on a single by Knowlton. Both men scored when Slayton hit a liner to right field. Verigan fielded a grounder by Todd poorly and the third Crimson run crossed the plate. Both Todd and Field, who reached first on a single to center, scored when Allen placed the ball over second for a perfect texas leaguer. The rally closed on a fly to left field by Maher, having netted five runs.

The Crimson kept well in the lead thereafter, scoring one run in the fourth and two in the sixth and seventh. A home run by Mumby, and errors by Slayton, Pratt, and Allen gave Andover its other two runs.