POLO TEAM TO ENTER FIRST OUTSIDE GAME

Opposes Norwich Today at 4.30 at Fort Hamilton, New York--Winner Gains Place in Semi-Finals

At 4.30 o'clock this afternoon, at Fort Hamilton, New York, the University's R. O. T. C. polo team will face Norwich University in its first match for the Intercollegiate R. O. T. C. championship of the East.

None of the players on the University R. O. T. C. polo squad have had any previous experience with the exception of H. S. Clark 2E.S., who played on the offense at Norwich, but who is ineligible to compete in the team's matches. The team's skill with the mallet has been derived entirely from practice games since the first of April.

Should the University team win today's match it will stay in New York until Thursday when it will meet Yale, which defeated the Cornell players 20 to 3 on Friday, thereby winning a place in the semi-finals. In an informal match the same day Princeton defeated Norwich by a 13 to 2 score. Princeton will not play a formal league match until tomorrow, when the Tigers are scheduled to oppose Pennsylvania.

A special steamer, the Sea Gull, will leave the Battery at 3.15 o'clock this afternoon to take spectators to the scene of the match.