FOR MEMBERS ONLY

Tonight the Yard becomes for one evening a sacred precinct. The Seniors have felt a certain proprietary interest in it all year, but their claim has not been absolute by any means. Professors, denizens of Radcliffe, and the whole populace of Cambridge-beyond-the-walls have made free with the walks as though they were public thorough-fares, and underclassmen have felt perfectly at home there. But tonight the cap and gown will be the only recognized uniform, and for once the Senior will be monarch of all he surveys.

Since the Class first assembled in September of 1919 it has passed through many changes. Nearly two hundred men, for one cause or another have been added to its roll, while many others are missing from the ranks. Once out of the Freshman Dormitories, it has had little to draw it together, and the forces of disintegration are strong. Seniors who thought themselves widely acquainted have been surprised, since May first, at the number of strangers who wear the cap and gown. It is not until Commencement Week, to be sure, that the Senior is supposed to "have his day"; but Commencement Week will be disrupted by visitors, and there will be no chance then for making or renewing acquaintances. The gathering tonight is a preliminary which will put the Class on the best terms with itself for the remaining weeks. Those few who regretted the loss of the Senior Picnic will find here a satisfactory substitute; and the rest will welcome the occasion as a novelty in class affairs. The Class Committee, in its capacity of host, deserves the gratitude of all its guests.