SEYMOUR APPOINTED TO SUCCEED ALLEN

Has Been the General Secretary of the Alumni Association for Two Years--Allen to Join Harper's Staff

Mr. J. W. D. Seymour '17 has been appointed Secretary to the University for Information and Secretary for Alumni Affairs at the University.

In his first capacity, Mr. Seymour will continue the work done during the past four years by Mr. Frederick L. Allen 12 under the title of Secretary to the Corporation, taking over these duties when Mr. Allen leaves the University this summer to join the editorial staff of the publishing house of Harper and Brothers. The secretaryship for alumni affairs is a newly created position; in this capacity Mr. Seymour will act as liaison officer between the University and the Alumni.

Mr. Seymour has served for two years as general secretary of the Alumni Association, and will resign this position to join the University staff. He has also been active in dramatics, having coached the productions of the Harvard Dramatic Club since the war, and taken part in the work of the 47 Workshop. He is the editor of a history of the American Field Service and a memorial volume of the same organization, and has done considerable newspaper writing on dramatic subjects. In 1920 he served as assistant director of the Plymouth Pageant, While in college he was an editor of the Lampon; and he is a member of the permanent class committee of the class of 1917.