STARS TO FLASH IN STADIUM TRACK MEET

Majority of University and Freshman Track Athletes to Participate in Events Beginning at 3 o'Clock

Beginning with the 100-yard dash trial heats at 3 o'clock, the open handicap meet of the H.A.A. will furnish some of the most interesting track competition seen on the Stadium track this year. The feature event of the afternoon, the special mile run, in which Jole Ray will make an assault upon the world's record for the distance, will alone draw a large gallery. This race is scheduled to start at 4 o'clock. Holders of H.A.A. season tickets will be admitted to the Stadium, the charge for others being 50 cents and one dollar.

Nearly the entire University and Freshman track squads have been entered in today's events, and every contest will see many Crimson participants. For the University men the competition this afternoon will offer an opportunity to show whether or not they have the ability to warrant their going to New Haven to take part in the Yale meet a week from today. Although there will be some trials next week, the showing made today will largely determine the composition of the Crimson squad which will oppose Yale. For the Freshman athletes the objective will be to qualify for the trials on June 23 which will decide the first year men who will go to England this summer.

All Crimson Entrants Take Rest

Yesterday afternoon all of the Crimson entrants had a complete rest, which, following a week of rather intensive training, should put them in excellent condition. Ray, who worked out Wednesday and Thursday on the Stadium track, also laid off work yesterday in preparation for the big race today.

Among the many brilliant individuals who will compete today, several stand out with particular prominence. Among these are Murchison and Waterman in the dashes, Christianson in the hurdles, Allen and Dudley in the quarter, Burke and Kirley in the half, Ray, Kennedy, and Watters in the mile, Gourdin in the broad jump, Brown in the high jump, and Dandrow in the hammer and discus, throws.

The order of the track events for tomorrow follows:

100-yard dash trial heats, 120-yard high hurdles trial heats, 440-yard run trial heats, 100-yard dash semi-finals, special one-mile run (4 o'clock), 120-yard hurdles finals, 100-yard dash finals, one-mile run extra, 220-yard low hurdles trial heats, two-mile run, 220-yard dash trial heats, 880-yard run, 220-yard hurdles finals, 220-yard dash finals, 440-yard run finals.

The field events will be contested in the following order:

16-pound shot put, javelin throw, pole vault, high jump, hammer throw, discus throw, broad jump.