SCRIMMAGE ON SCHEDULE FOR FOOTBALL MEN TODAY

First Two Elevens Will Hold First Regular Practice Game--Tackling Feature of Yesterday's Work

Scrimmaging of the regular sort is on the program at the Stadium for Coach Fisher's men, either today or tomorrow, between the first two elevens on the University squad. Coach Knox's black jersey team, however, will not be called in until next week when daily scrimmaging will be in vogue.

Coach Fisher is losing no time in whipping the material into shape. Long kicking practice under Coach Mahan's tutelage precedes the regular practice and only darkness drives the squad back into the Locker Building after the three hour session inside the Stadium.

Live tackling was started yesterday for the first time this season. The backs were sent at the line carrying the ball, but although regular tackling was called for, the attention was still directed mainly toward the plays and assignments. The ends and tackles were given especially hard drilling in keeping proper position in the off-tackle plays.

Coach Fisher spared no one yesterday but tried out every one of the 65 men on the squad in the work. The veteran line was back intact again and looks almost certainly to be the exact forward combination which will start against Rhode Island a week from tomorrow. Gordon and K. N. Hill were back on the ends and Kernan was in again at center, flanked by Hubbard and Grew and Dunker and Eastman.