UNION TENNIS TOURNEY GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

DOUBLES MATCHES WILL BEGIN TOMORROW AFTERNOON

Play in the first round of the singles in the Union Tennis Tournament will start on Jarvis Field this afternoon at 2 o'clock. 84 men have entered the singles. 26 teams have entered the doubles, which will not start until tomorrow.

The following men have been seeded in the singles in the order named: Parke Cummings '25, G. H. Perkins '26, L. H. Gordon '27, E. M. Upjohn '25, P. M. Lenhart '27, G. D. Debevoise '26, L. H. Bondi '25, and A. R. Allen '26.

J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, will not be able to defend his title of Union champion, won last year. An infection has confined him in the Massachusetts, General Hospital.

In the seeking of the doubles players the order of the teams was as follows: Cummings and Perkins, Dixon and Debevoise, Upjohn and Roots, and Gordon and Kingsbury.

W. P. Dixon '25 with Donald Stralem '24 as his partner won the doubles title last year. Stralem was graduated last June, so Dixon has paired with G. D. Debevoise '26, who was captain of the 1926 Freshman team.

The matches this afternoon will be played off promptly. Players who are more than twenty minutes behind their scheduled time will be automatically defaulted. The tournament lists will be posted at the Union at 9 o'clock this morning.