MODERNIST MINISTER TO SPEAK AT P. B. H. TONIGHT

WILL TALK ON SOCIAL MENACE OF FUNDAMENTALISM

The Reverend Charles Francis Potter of the West Side Unitarian Church of New York City, one of the leading advocates of Modernism in the controversy that has been agitating the clergy for the past two years, will speak tonight under the auspices of the Harvard Christian Society at the Phillips Brooks House Association at 7.45 o'clock on "The Social Menace of Fundamentalism".

Reverend Potter will be the guest of the Speaker's Committee of the Society at a small informal dinner in Phillips Brooks House at 6 o'clock before the meeting, at which B. F. Rice-Bassett '25, President of Phillips Brooks House, and Assistant Dean Delmar Leighton '19 will also be present.

Dean Leighton to Preside

Dean Leighton will preside at the meeting. After Reverend Potter's speech questions that the audiences care to ask will be answered and discussed by him. These will have to be written out, however, as it was found last year at a similar meeting that verbal questions caused too much excited argument and rebuttal.

Reverend Potter has been identified with the Modernist-Fundamentalist controversy in theological circles as an aggressive upholder of the Modernists. In a debate last year in New York City in which he encountered the Reverend John Roach Straton as his opponent Reverend Straton won the verdict of the judges.