DETERMINATION IS KEYNOTE OF PRACTICE IN STADIUM

Few Regulars Report for Monday Drill--Condition of Gehrke Doubtful

Something was new in the air at Soldiers Field yesterday. A feeling of intense seriousness and determination pervaded the Stadium as the squad and coaching staff left the Locker Building and started the final two weeks of practice preceding the Yale game. The talk was all on the future two contests and nothing was there to show that either the team or the coaching staff had been permanently downed by Saturday's disastrous defeat. On the contrary it was evident that Captain Greenough's men had learned their lesson and have caught a fighting spirit which makes for victory.

Robb Out For Rest of Season

Robb is the only man who it was definitely announced yesterday afternoon would be out of the game for the remainder of the season. No information could be obtained regarding Gehrke, Adie and Daley. It is supposed that their prospects of facing Yale are slim, although the doctors will not give a verdict until Wednesday.

Hammond escaped with a trivial injury and will be seen in action again in two or three days. Miller was seen at Soldiers Field yesterday dressed in street clothes. The fact that he was not in the infirmary indicates that his condition is not serious.

Two players who occupied the bench on Saturday will be all right by the end of the week. Zarakov and Maher both could have been used against Princeton in the coaches had seen fit. Cheek, on the other hand, still remains an unknown quantity. Some say he will see action against Brown at the end of the week; others that he is out for the rest of the year. He was in the Stadium watching practice yesterday, but unable to don a uniform.

Harvard Has Its Lesson

After reading this, one may ask, "What chance has Harvard of staging a comeback?" Regardless of these injuries the Crimson has a very great chance of staging a comeback, especially with the new spirit which is evident. John Harvard has learned his lesson in football as the never has before. Dartmouth certainly did its best to point out the Crimson tailings, but with no result. The Crimson did not pick up after the Green made a polite hint that the Harvard squad was not what it should be. But Princeton left no room for doubt in any one's mind.

But as two lineups alternated on the offense In dummy practice all afternoon yesterday lone felt an old-time Crimson team was at work. The lineups of the tow teams were as follows: The red shirts ends Robinson and Baldwin tackles Nash and Linder guards, Dunker and Theopold center, Kilgour; quarterback, Hamlen; backs, Howe, Sayles, Samborski Whiteshirts: ends, Beals and D.H. Bradford; gurads, Corcoan and Daniell; centerm Hayne; quarterback, Spalding; backs, Rogers, Puffer, McGlone and Akers; substitute.

The promotion of F. B. Hayne 26 to University squad center, the temporary shifting of McGlone and Akers to half back positions and C. H. Bradford to tackle and the noticeable absence of first string players were the outstanding points of the first direct preparation for Yale.