THE SPORT OF KINGS

The Czar Convokes His First Crown Council," reads the headline. Grand Dukes of all the Russias, big and little, red and white shaven and unshorn, are ordered to assemble before the august resence of the Mightiest of the Mighty to center upon important matters of state. His Majesty Cyril I has spoken.

In an obscure rendezvous in Paris the meeting will take replace. 'No blare of trumpets, no strains of martial music, no pomp and circumstance worthy of the Emperor of the Russians will mark the debut of Cyril into the political whirl of Europe. That is all for the future. The Prefect of Police has ordered out no extra details of gendarmes to handle the crowds. The hotels have created to tents on their roofs to accommodate the influx of Russian nobles. Society of gay French capital is in no frenzy of excitement "of the prospect of leaving so much royalty in its midst. For here is to such prospect. Denounced by the Dowager Empress and her loyal following "Czar" Cyril frankly admits he does not expect "a very big assembly."

Since the de jure recognition of Soviet Russia, the activities of the pyeterde have caused concern, as possibly prejudicial in the good relations of Russia and France. But the Qual d'Orsay, has wlsoly concluded not to interfere let him alone." they say. "It arises him."