WHITING CONCERT SERIES TO OPEN THIS EVENING

CONCERT WILL BEGIN AT 8.15 IN PAINE HALL

This evening at 8.15 o'clock in the John Knowles Paine Concert Hall of the Music Building. Mr. Arthur Whiting and two assisting artists will give the first of a series of five Expositions of Chamber Music, to be held at intervals throughout the remainder of the year. The first concert will be featured by old English and French music.

In order to complete the eighteenth century atmosphere of the concert, Mr. Whiting will give several selections on the harpsichord. The harpsichord is the key board instrument which preceded the pianoforte, and is the instrument for which most of the eighteenth century music which is now played on the pianoforte, was composed. Played on the harpsichord, the audience will hear the exact sound of the music as it was written at that time.

Two noted soloists will assist Mr. Whiting this evening. Miss Loraine Wyman, a soprano, will sing a repertoire of old English and French songs. A flutist, Mr. George Barrere, will give several selections accompanied by Mr. Whiting at the harpsichord. Compositions by Bach, Mozart and Handel will be played.

The four other concerts of this series will be given on December 10, January 21, February 18, and March 25. All officers and students in the University will be admitted without charge, and tickets may be purchased by the public at a cost of five dollars for the course. Single tickets will cost $1.25 each. All tickets may be purchased at Amee Brothers' Bookstore, 21 Brattle Street.