THE MENTAL ATTITUDE

If ever a Harvard football mass meeting was justified? the Yale game meeting tonight in the Union surely is. Captain Greenough's eleven stands battered and scarred by a disheartening season. The team is sorely in need of the psychological tonic of a super-demonstration of undergraduate confidence and support. The situation is such as should stir to action the spirit of every Harvard man.

The occasional undergraduate voices which have been raised throughout this season against the undue emphasis on football in Cambridge deserve no audience for the present. This week Harvard is playing football, and whatever Harvard undertakes to do, all true Crimson supporters must want to see her do well. And whether or not Harvard plays well in the Bowl on Saturday will be determined to a large extent by the action of the undergraduates in the Union tonight. A hall filled to overflowing and rocked by spontaneous enthusiasm must be the only reception for a Harvard eleven which is going to New Haven ready to fight, fight some more, and keep on fighting.